Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Meices - Words b/w One Hand


 Label: Word Of Mouth
Year: 1993

This is as close to pop-punk as you'll catch me. Had I not seen the band live, lo those many moons ago, I probably would not have thought of them as "that band that was a lot like Seaweed", and instead would have said, "is this band from Orange County...and was that a Poison riff?!".
But in reality, they do have enough grit to their sound that they avoid any comparisons to Strung Out, and they stick to rocking and not trying to be cute. It's good. I swear. If you like a newer band like The Dirty Nil, then this one is right up your alley. If you like an older band like Seaweed, then you'll be alright.

Plus, I told in the last post that this was coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything. Merrywhateveryoucelebrate! Here's a Meices radio session you might enjoy https://www37.zippyshare.com/v/OzgBBBoz/file.html

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.