Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Melvins - With Yo' Heart, Not Yo' Hand

 


Label: Sympathy For The Record Industry
Year: 1990

Notice a trend of "M" bands being posted? Is it possible I reached into 7" #4 (Meices [spoiler alert...they may be posted next] to Shadow Season currently...but just ordered more boxes to space out records that were too crowded to flip through) and grabbed a handful of records to digitize? Was there something more nefarious at work?!

Regardless of how it got here, now it's here. Three songs from Melvins (I really wish they were more prolific, don't you?), one of which is a Malfunkshun cover. One is the kind of Melvins song you want to hear, a big, warm, fuzzy, sludgy bruiser. And one if the kind of Melvins song that drives you nuts, a repetitive noise throw away. Those are always "funny" aren't they? Ha, ha, you like our band and spent money on our record, so here's a joke song where I just repeat "Anal Satan" over a broken drum beat loop. Thanks Melvins!

I notice there is one slight jump on side B, but that's the record I have. It's a millisecond little skip and will not negatively affect your enjoyment of the music. But it's a 30 year old record...so give me a break. Sympathy for The Record Industry pressed this thing on like, ten different colors of vinyl, and a couple label variants...so they got their money's worth.

1 comment:

MarsHottentot said...

Link dead - I'll happily mirror on my Mediafire

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.