Saturday, January 30, 2021

The Great Brain - Satan Superman

 

Label: Sonic Swirl
Year: 1996

Here's one them Chicago noise rock bands from the middle part of the 1990's that may have flown under your radar. I don't think they toured too much, and the two 7" and one CD they released all come out on small labels that didn't carry the cache of a Touch And Go or Amphetamine Reptile or whatever. And the members were not from, nor did they go on to be in "bigger bands". They just sorta did their thing as The Great Brain, and then a couple years later went on to do other things that did not involve loud music (maybe).
I only became aware of them when I bought a Derek Hess poster for a Today Is The Day show in Chicago, with Big'N and The Great Brain opening (the show was in Chicago, not me. I think I was in Athens, GA or maybe San Diego, CA when I purchased it). In fact, I'm looking at that poster as we speak. It's cool. 
Big'N isn't a bad comparison for The Great Brain. Big'N mixed with some Arcwelder maybe. It's rocking and loud, but not abrasive (not to you or me, I mean. Your mother will find it irritating I'm sure [how cool is your mom anyway?]). 



1 comment:

Lilmissjbstyle said...

Nice bblog thanks for posting

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.