Monday, October 5, 2020

Barkmarket - Peacekeeper

 


Label: Man's Ruin
Year: 1995

Look, the thing is, Barkmarket were an incredible band. I'm not going to fight with you about how and why that is the case, but it is. I think you know it, but either way, I just said it, and by saying it, then it is as much a fact as anything. And honestly, I have neither the time nor inclination to explain why the preceding is true, but at this point in our relationship it's sorta like, "what right do you have to question me?". You know?
But here's the more important thing; the song "Peacekeeper" is the best song Barkmarket ever recorded, and here it is. They recorded a lot of great songs...album's worth, and the other 2.5 songs on this 12"ep are also fantastic (I say 2.5 instead of 3, because even though there are 4 tracks on the record, the second track is a brief reworking [remix!] of the third track. 'The Brass Ring', so I only count it as a half song), but 'Peacekeeper' is pretty much everything you're gonna want in a good song. 
Don't believe me?

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.