Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pussy Galore - Exile On Main Street

This cassette only released piece of shit is for those curious about Pussy Galore's take on the classic "Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street" record. Serioulsy, this sounds like shit and is more for amusement than anything. I love Pussy Galore, this is a rare release and I just wanted to share this for those who have always wanted a copy. If you have never heard Pussy Galore before, may I suggest "Corpse Love" before you listen to this. Still I find myself listening to this every now and again, which usually ends up with me never finishing it and putting on "Live In The Red" which reminds me why a band like Pussy Galore only happens once in a blue moon. - Slander


5 comments:

UcidCopii said...

well, if it's shit, than that must mean i should seriously avoid it, shouldn't it? i'm confused

1009 said...

I have a rip from somewhere else, but I gotta say I love this shit. And I still love *Exile* proper. For at least ten years I've wanted to start a Stones cover band that sounds more or less exactly like this.

Brushback said...

Fuck yeah, this is awesome- I used to have the original tape, and I loved how the songs got more and more fucked up as it went along.

RC said...

There are some "cleaned up" bootleg CDs floating around that sound much better than the cassette. Maybe Jon should reissue the Pussy Galore stuff this year, too. I'm sure Bob Bert could use the money.

P.S. the captcha word to verify my post is "boiscrot". Even your captchas are gay.

will colwell said...

man i love this cuz it was noisy and unlistenable. the perfect antidote to the most over rated rolling stones album.. also, the link no longer works. thanks for a great blog.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.