Saturday, February 20, 2010

Great Big Pile (Deep Dot 200) Houston Area comp.

Label: DeepDot Records
Released: 1992

This is a compilation of Houston area bands, circa 1992. If you managed to catch a Dwarves show (or Nirvana or Crust or Ed Hall) in Houston, you probably had to sit thru one of these acts... This was a co-op comp. (meaning that the bands on it had to pay for their own recording & probably paid to have the CD pressed for so many copies in return.) But, there are some good songs/bands on here:

SAD PYGMY - "Unimpressed"
TOXIC KARMA - "Six String Strangler"
BROWN PAPER DOG -"His Gramma"
DIXIE WASTE - "Sam Hill"
HUMUNGUS - "the Politically Correct Song"
MORTAL CORPSE - "Emerging War"
MANHOLE - "Neurotica"
VOODOO CHILE - "Candlestick"
PERSONALITY CRISIS - "Long Way To Go"
BIG TEXAS RADIO - "Motor City"
SONS OF ADAM - "I Don't Mind"
De SCHMOG - "C.O.T.S."
FEARED ALIEN VOODOO - "Succumb"
RETARDO AL DANTE - "Juicy Lucy"
SQUAT THRUST - "Math"
RUSTED SHUT - "Kill"

If anybody out in computer-land remembers this or this scene- gimme a shout!

GREAT BIG PILE (Deep Dot 200): 1992

3 comments:

zerosun said...

I'm not from the Houston area, but I did a radio show in St Louis about that time. Somehow I got a copy of the Humungus record and I always played it. I forgot all about them actually. You don't happen to have their full length you could post? That would be fuckin rad!!

Love the blog. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I still have a Squat Thrust t-shirt! Also, I saw Manhole at some indie festival thing in Dallas back in 92.

Unknown said...

Weird finding this online. I have the cd and am on it playing drums on the sons of adam song. It was only the 3rd or 4th song we ever wrote.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.