Tuesday, November 16, 2021

The Felon Wind - The Felon Wind

 

Year: 2008
Label: Alaska Records

We (me, I) posted this record back in 2014 (January 7th, per my records), and at that time the band had already come and gone, but I still felt the album (technically and ep per running time) was important enough to you (us) that I even offered a rare (and worthless) money back guarantee for any and all who dared claim that they did not approve of the music.
No refunds were requested (not that they would have been granted anyway...I'm not only a cheapskate, but a notorious liar to boot).
It was recently that one of the members of the band, who is currently trafficking in the equally magnificent group Mtn Isl, posted a link to The Felon Wind, and that got the ole winds of nostalgia rustlin' (not to be confused with "the ole winds of regret" which is what I say when I pass gas), and got me reacquainted with this gem of a record again. And I've been listening a whole bunch over the past few weeks. 
So, I wanted to come back here and repost this thing as it seems to have a new home on Bandcamp and potentially it was released in physical form after the original digital release back in 2006 (again, consulting the records, I have it having been birthed into the world in 2006 via an outfit called Money Pit Media), but more importantly; THIS RECORD IS THE EPITOME OF THIS BLOG.
Here is a record that came and went, and scant few people heard it, certainly not many outside the band's circle of friends (we can assume family as well, but chances are they greeted the release with polite "well, that's great that you and your buddies are making...music?") or music nerds in and around Atlanta, Georgia. But this record is as good, or better, than 90% of the records that came out when it did. Hell, it's as good, or better, than most records that have come out since. If you like the type of shit that I'm pretty sure you like (you're here, right?), then this shit is some shit you'll love. A total bulldozer of a record...perfection.
I think I my re-up the money back guarantee...that's how confident I am that you will love this record. (but I still will never give you a single red cent...store policy)



1 comment:

julius orange said...

it's kinda like kylesa smashed together with unwound. digging it

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.