Thursday, August 19, 2021

Nowhere Safe - Voices Inside My Head

 

Label: self released
Year: 2018

Fuck it, we stick with Atlanta bands for another entry. Why not?  What did they ever do to you?

Nowhere Safe is gearing up to put out new music this year(?), but today we post their initial four song ep that they self released as a trio a few years back (they have fattened up to a four piece as of now). In these songs the band run the gamut from post hardcore that is modern hardcore adjacent, to post hardcore that is space rock adjacent, to post hardcore that is very slightly death rock or goth adjacent, to post hardcore that is just...good fucking post hardcore. I want to say that they remind me a bit of that band Sparta mixed with something darker and with a more sinister edge. But honestly, I'm not sure if I'm remembering Sparta exactly right, and being as lazy as I am, there is literally no way to check and see if Sparta sound remotely like they sound in my brain hole. 

So, let's just forget that part, and say that this is a very enjoyable ep, and I look forward to see what they come up with next.

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.