Monday, February 8, 2021

Giant Love - Way Too Bitter

 

Label: self released
Year: 2020

Four songs of contemporary Spanish grunge...not a sentence you were expecting to hear today?
Had this been released in 1994, your local "Whatever Whatever X" alternative music radio station would have been all over it. There are some bona fide earworms on here, legit, well crafted earworms. The production is super professional. The musicianship and vocals are all ready for the big time. Which, in this case is a compliment. 
Moments of Nirvana, Jawbox, and I'm going to say Foo Fighters(?) all come together in a well balanced, memorable blend of throwback fun. You know the deal, and it's a deal, so...deal with it, I guess.
Worth it for the opening track 'Best Regards' alone.


4 comments:

Nacho said...

this is a fuckin commercial spanish shit

Gray said...

It's not groundbreaking or anything, but I thought it was well done, and I really did like the opening track a lot. The band sent this to us awhile back and I accidentally slept on it for months. So, does this get played on the radio in Spain?

Nacho said...

i don´t know, i never listen to spanish radio. I didn´t know this band but with money everybody can record in good conditions. To get a good production is only a question of money. I could master my record in Electrical Audio (Chicago) paying 5000$ but i did it myself and i got better sound and money save. I don´t like this band, it sounds like commercial grunge music

C.W. said...

This rocks! They've been releasing some new singles lately.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.