Thursday, December 3, 2020

Throttle - Shoot Out


 
Label: Reproductive
Year: 1995

It's December in my part of the world, which marks the end of a particularly bizarre year (assuming you keep your calendar Gregorian on dat ass), which marks the beginning of my own personal slog towards recognizing the "best" music of the previous 12 months. It honestly is a weird tradition, but being a slave to cultural constructs, I feel obliged to carry it on. So, this will be the last post of old music of the year. The next posts will be a series of records that came out this year that were really good, but not quite "Best Of" material. Then sometime around Christmas I should have my shit together enough to trouble you all with the actual "Best Of" BS.
Until that time, let's go out on a banger. Shall we?
In my opinion, which is currently the only one that matters here (by default, not importance), this blog was built for records like the one posted here and now. It's a band who flew under the radar of bands already flying off scope. But a band who trafficked in some seriously burly and necessary noise rock bluster. The kind that should have been more readily heard back when it was current. The kind that would appeal to fans of bands like La Gritona, Green Magnet School, Slughog, and similar degenerate types. Not that you're a degenerate per se, it's just that you're not exactly "prom material", you know? (that being said, I actually went to both my junior and senior proms, plus I was on the homecoming court my senior year! Big man on campus alert!)
Throttle is an apt name for this band, as that is the effect of the music. Fucking essential!

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.