Monday, June 8, 2020

Sheer Terror / Crawlpappy - Split


Label: Blackout!
Year: 1990

Look, Sheer Terror start this 7" off (which accompanied issue #29 of the wonderful Suburban Voice fanzine) all fine and good. They romp through their version of The Dead Boys' "I Need Lunch" with the expected tongue-in-cheek Paul Bearer black coffee cynicism, and you'll enjoy it. It's fun. But the real reason I've brought you here is for the flip side, the Crawlpappy side. I've gone to great lengths to convince anyone within earshot (which is rare, honestly) that they are the most underrated band to ever come out of NYC. I can't imagine anyone actually listens, but I will repeat: Crawlpappy is the best band to come out of NYC that nobody seems to give a shit about. And this song, on this split 7" is their best song. The best version even, of their best song (it would be re-recorded and released on the 'Deluxe" album). It's honestly one of my favorite songs of all time. Which, I understand is kinda weird. But it's true. I love this fucking song, and would appreciate if you arrange to have it played at my funeral (which will be an underwhelming affair I'm certain, sparsely attended and poorly catered). And I truly think you will love it too...if you even love me at all.

DL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm here for your crawlpappy. love, phil.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.