Monday, June 15, 2020

Chrome Cranks / The Rails - Split


Label: Manx
Year: 1995

Two songs, one a piece. Chrome Cranks offer up a live (at CBGBs nonetheless) garage blues dirge that originally appeared on their 1993 Sympathy For The Record Industry 7", "Way-Out Lover". Damaged. Did you know that William Weber from the Chrome Cranks played with GG Allin in the Murder Junkies? Weird, right? More famously, the members of Chrome Cranks were in Sonic Youth, Action Swingers, Pussy Galore, Famous Monsters, Honeymoon Killers, Boss Hog, and the Knoxville Girls. Plus, now we know, the Murder Junkies.
The Rails were a revelation to me, I had never heard them prior to this record, and I hate to say, haven't heard them since. So, this one track is all I know if the band, and it's a shockingly great one track. Makes me think maybe I shouldn't have been so lazy...maybe done a little research...dug a little deeper...bought their album or something. Or maybe this one, maximum rock-n-roll stomper, is the best song they ever recorded and everything else will be a let down. Maybe I'm just protecting my heart? Don't die wondering? Vision Street Wear?

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.