Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Desalvo - Mood Poisoner


Label: Rock Action
Year: 2009

Very agitated and noisy, frenetic, gross, and loud, but surprisingly....Scottish. Maybe the record label should have prepared me for that possibility, but if I'm being honest I'd of wagered these volume mongers were from a major metropolis in the good ole U.S. and A. Maybe I'm being some sort of reverse xenophobe, but a band coming at you with the song title "Cock Swastika" seems uniquely American. Like, are Europeans somehow more sophisticated than that?

Well, regardless of my geographical and cultural prejudices, I can assure you that this record will fuck you up no matter it's country of origin. It's pure grade seething nastiness that chugs and screeches and lurches and kicks up a hell of a funnel cloud as a result. Fucking gnarly, this one.

Seems like maybe the band has reactivated this year after hiatus? Maybe?

DL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"poisoner" not "prisoner". but thanks!

Gray said...

Sorry about the typo...reading is fundamental, and I'm fundamentally flawed.
- Gray

Anonymous said...

ex- stretchheads !

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.