Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Rogue Wave - Descended Like Vultures


Label: SubPop
Year: 2005

Y'all are well aware by now that I have a soft spot for well executed fractured indie pop, right?
Cause, what's not to like? Not everything has to be an assault, or "crushing", or challenging, or whatever. Sometimes a comfortable melody with an off-kilter perspective is the perfect accompaniment to warm Spring day (or...barring a comfortable melody with an off-kilter perspective, may I suggest the Sandra Bullock vehicle 'Hope Floats' and a pint of butter pecan ice cream as the perfect accompaniment to a warm Spring day [or, a crippling break-up]?).
So, fine, it might not be tough, but personally my sensitive side needs some attention sometimes. I'm not afraid to admit it. I like baths. I enjoy the gentle murmur of a purring kitten. I eat tofu many times a week, guys. Estrogen does not threaten me!

If you've ever been too embarrassed to look into your girlfriend's (boyfriend's...no judgement here) Shins, Death Cab For Cutie, Elliot Smith, Band Of Horses, Matt Pond PA, or Sunny Day Real Estate records...you're in a safe space here. It's ok.

DL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember liking this album and then me and myyywiiiive went to go see them at the world famous 40 watt club and after a couple songs we both looked at each other and said "fuuuuuck this band" and left. i can't remember what it was that instantly turned us off, but it hit us pretty hard. and i havent listened to them since. - love, phil.

Anonymous said...

Please re-up!
Thanks

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.