Saturday, July 23, 2016

Cherubs - Icing

Label: Trance Syndicate
Year: 1992

I shouldn't have to say much about this one, because it seems that, even though Cherubs toiled in obscurity during their lifespan they have become widely popular among noise rock fans posthumously. Their records turn up on the internet to unanimous praise, so apparently, folks are into Cherubs these days. For good reason, they are one of the best at what they do. And they "do" relentless, rolling, thick noise rock with some of the more memorable vocals of that canon. Think of Helmet on cough syrup after a full night listening to Flipper. Are you thinking? Well, so like I said, their albums show up from time to time on these kinds of blogs, but I don't usually see this one, so, since I was listening to it myself, I thought I'd get it up (the record, not my dong mind you). 


They were from Austin, Texas (which I believe we have discussed it's magical early 90s qualities here already) and featured the talents of the bands Ed Hall, Butthole Surfers, Sugar Shack, Fuckemos, and Drain. If perchance you have not had the pleasure of acquainting yourself with this particular band, please remedy that situation post haste. Please.

*originally posted 03-03-09, reposted 07-23-16

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.