Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hammerhead - New Directionz


Label: self released
Year: 2015

This whole internet music thing is wild. I'm not totally understanding it, because I'm baffled that a couple months ago a band who I have been enjoying (you could even go so far as to say "loving" [being vulnerable this morning]) for many years now has quietly released an album of new material out into the world. Shouldn't I have gotten a fax about this?
Regardless of it's manner of delivery, it's still new Hammerhead music, and for that I will be eternally grateful. Any and all Hammerhead is welcome in my home. Always has been, always will.
You had better hurry though, because as of my purchase there are only 26 copies of this record left.
Those sneaky bastards.

DL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda sucks for a Hammerhead album.
Sounds like a mediocre Vaz record.

Anonymous said...

yes, this record actually IS quite a letdown (like each and every hammerhead release following their reunion, as a matter of fact), but cannot be compared to the almighty VAZ since the almighty VAZ is the best band ever (and has thusly never released a mediocre record).

Anonymous said...

The more I listen to it the more I like it. I think it's the best post Etherial/Vortex/Duh record yet.

reave said...

It's not as good as their heyday albums, but I think it's pretty good. I'm going to pick up an LP. Hell, if I end up not liking it, it'll probably be worth double what I paid for it.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.