Monday, October 26, 2015

Waiting On The Samhain Of My Soul: Intro Bust


 
 
Bonfires burning bright, pumpkin faces in the night. I remember Halloween.

With the change of the seasons from summer to fall, I am reminded of all things Glenn Danzig.

Probably the most prolific punk artist, perhaps ever, his track record is incredible. The Misfits catalog is flawless, there’s no debating that. It’s hard to argue that the same can’t be said for Samhain. And while many draw the line at 4p in their love for Danzig (the band), there’s a lot that’s been released since the departure of the Von/Christ/Biscuits lineup that easily holds its own. There have been a couple of missteps along the way, most of them fresher in our memories as they’ve come in clumps over the last 10 years or so … but even today if you go see a live Danzig show, at 60 years young, he’s absolutely still got it.

With that said, there’s not much out there in terms of unearthed music that isn’t already in circulation. And while I’ve been a Danzig devotee since sometime around 1987 (my 7th grade year), I don’t want to position myself as an expert, as there are many out there who know more than me.

Instead, I thought I’d share 5 days of memories and the recordings that coincide with each. Officially released music, in print or not, is off limits, so we’re talking demos, live sets and outtakes. Here goes.

-Jeff Simms

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.