Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Radiation Blackbody - Falling To Death Through Time and Space


Label: self released
Year: 2014

If you think "ex-Taint" gets my attention (see below), then how about "ex-Anodyne"?
Joshua Scott and Joel Stallings, the rhythm section of the very much missed band Anodyne are back (after also being "back" once before as the rhythm section of Defeatist) to dish out the crazy mathy, but still heavy duty rock n roll that you so desire. And by rock n roll, I of course mean grinding, start/stop, bludgeoning loudness. Which...is basically what rock music is. I think. I sorta stopped following the medium after that Monkees show went off the air (the reruns of course...I'm not THAT old).
No vocals. No guitar. All attack.
For a preview of what the album sounds like, take that cover art, enlarge it, and stare deeply into the center triangle as you move your head back and forth towards the screen. Slowly at first, but gradually picking up speed until you either pass out, vomit, or see the face of god. Whichever comes first (I personally saw a sailboat, but then again, I haven't been to church in a really long time).

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.