Thursday, March 5, 2015

V/A - Shiny Grey Monotone Radio - Show 14


Label: n/a
Year: 2015

Haven't posted one of these in awhile, and I can only imagine you guys were starting to get panicked.
Like all my children (metaphorically and "for reals") I love each and every volume of this series, but this particular one has the special twist of being bookended by North Carolina greats, so that's fun. And, I think this volume encompasses the spirit of the blog pretty well, going from catchy indie rock through some post hardcore to some arty stuff to some plain ole rocking grungy rock, to some metallic riffing to some sludgy noise. It's only missing hardcore and folk music. And ska.
Ha ha, just kidding, nobody over the age of 12 likes ska.
Plus, this one has that Jubilee song that's so so so good. Really...it's a perfect song...listen to it and tell me I'm wrong (I won't listen...I never do).
I think this installment also has my first "mistake", in that I repeated a band from an earlier volume. Eagle eyed readers may pick it up...or maybe I'm being too generous in thinking that people actually listen to these things.
But you should. It's fucking quality compilation construction! I could mix the fuck outta a tape in my time, and these are no different...a real point of pride (like my hair).
Alright, I gotta go. Mastodon announced a show here in Atlanta at the Earl (capacity...200?) next week, and I have to work my connections to score a ticket or two. Wish me luck.

The bands:
Archers Of Loaf
Unrest
Tanner
The Vile Cherubs
Jubilee
No Knife
Deerhunter
Year Future
Suzybeat
Smile
Facepuller
Witch
Harvey Milk
Karp
The Melvins
Buzzoven

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.