Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stand Alone Concept - Broken Sleep In A Minor Key


Label: N/A
Year: 2012

Somebody said something about this blog needing more "noisepop", and then somebody else sent me their "noisepop" project via Facebook, sooooooooooo why not?
This is a one-man champagne jam playing what I would describe as Lou Barlow playing covers of Elliot Smith while a Syd Barrett record quietly drones on in the background. So, you got your fractured pop tunes coated in a goodly amount of lo-fi skuzz. Seems like something I would have heard in Athens, Georgia circa 1994, when easy access to 4 track recording unleashed a wave of sensitive dudes, their acoustic guitars, and Guided By Voices record collections. In Athens it was the nerds who eventually made up the Elephant Six nonesense (not a fan, huh?), your Neutral Milk Hotels, Olivia Tremor Controls, Pipes You See, Pipes You Don't See...that stuff.
I'm no authority on this type of thing, although I do love me some Elliot Smith and Jeremy Enigk, but for my money this buries any Jeff Mangum pity party bullshit.
Endorsed.

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.