Saturday, April 10, 2010

V/A - Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be



Label: Reptilian
Year: 1999

Don't know about where you live, but in Atlanta, Georgia, the weather's doing alright. The pollen could certainly fuck off, but otherwise we're balls deep into Spring, and I'm feeling pretty good about that. There are precious few weeks in this part of the world that the air temperature is in the 70's, the humidity is non-existent, and shit's a-okay. We're a-okay right now.
To celebrate, how's about some brain dead rock and roll? Something to have in the car at a substantial volume whilst we cruise for tail and frosty bottles of beer? Sound good? Sounds like AC/DC to me. You should have all the AC/DC you can handle right? I mean, seriously, you should. But, what you may need on a day like today, is AC/DC with an updated "umph". Cause, AC/DC is so good, and so simple, you can't really fuck up their songs, and as much as I generally loathe the "all covers compilation", this one is just dumb enough to work. How could it not? Just play the riffs and sorta sing on top of it. Easy.
The bands are:
Chapstik
Upper Crust
Electric Frankenstein (remember when they were EVERYWHERE?)
REO Speedealer
Ironboss
Zeke
Dwarves
Chrome Cranks
Honky
Supersuckers
Lollipop
Voltage
Fuckemos

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Cruise for tail"...really?

Gray said...

Oh yeah, as a married man (my 11 year anniversary is this week...so go ahead and get your gifts ready) with two children, I am constantly "cruising for tail". You underestimate my prowess!

SxPxDxCx said...

This is worth is for the Zeke song alone

Slanderbob said...

The Upper Crust song is fucking hillarious. I remember when The Fuck Emos gave me a copy of this. Great Comp.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.