Saturday, January 16, 2010

local h - as good as dead


released 1996

i was turned onto this illinois two-some via a mixtape a friend of mine from new york made me (she used the songs "high-fiving mf" and "bound for the floor")

and after giving the tape a thorough listening...i went right out and bought this album

i liked to tell people that this was an unreleased nirvana album...and most of them believed me...even the friend that was a huge (read: HUGE) nirvana fan (what can i say...some of the people i used to hang out with were a little thick...and by that i mean "not so smart"...perv)

the band always got compared to nirvana...and for good reason...they took everything that was nirvana and doled it out between 2 people...and they did it right...from dave's bombastic drumming...to kurt's chainsaw guitars and vocals...to krist's plodding basslines

you've got no taste in music
and you really love our band....

DL: as good as dead

2 comments:

fred said...

HIGH FIVIN' MOTHER FUCKER. YOU'RE A HIIIIIGHHH FIVIN' MOTHER FUCKER.

I used to listen to that song all the time when I was like 13...I don't even know where I got it from. It's on a shitton of old mix CDs I have, though

ipecac said...

that song should be put on every mixtape/cd ever

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.