Monday, March 16, 2009

U-Men - Freezebomb 7"

Label: Amphetamine Reptile
Year: 1988

The band that some say is responsible for breaking open the Seattle music scene. What do I know though, I've never even been to Seattle. I hear it's nice, kind of a mix between San Francisco and Vancouver, real hilly, nice people, good beer, wet weather, and hippies. 
U-Men may or may not have ever lived on a hill, I can't vouch for their pleasantries, they certainly sound like they enjoy a cool one here and there, I imagine they stay indoors during rainstorms, and they most definitely are not hippies. That I do know.
Like a lot of the old Amphetamine Reptile stuff, U-Men took their punk from out of the garage you know? Kind of wild-eyed, twangy, good time punk. The guitarist went on to play in Gas Huffer, and that's the style I was alluding to. They all went on to play in other bands, Crows, Love Battery, and Cat Butt as well. You know Tom Hazelmyer even spent some time in this band, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.


No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.