Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Loose Fur - Born Again In The U.S.A.


Year: 2006
Label: Drag City

Here's a palette cleanser for you. Something easy and carefree to listen to while enjoying the beautiful autumn weather. A little respite from the yelling and screaming of previous posts.
I present the second album from Wilco side-project Loose Fur (hey...get it?). Personally, I dig the shit outta Wilco, and I think their records are getting better and better the further they gravitate from country sounds. If you're with me, then you'll dig this too, it's a natural progression from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and onward.
The band is Jeff Tweedy (Wilco), Glen Kotche (Wilco), and Jim O'Rourke (Sonic Youth, Gastr Del Sol, Brise Glace, Yona-Kit, Red Krayola, and on and on). The music goes from subtle acoustic passages to off-kilter indie rock, to bouncy a.m. gold, all played with confidence and swagger. Catchy really. 
You don't have to like it, but then again, you don't have to keep your head up your ass all day either. 

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for.

2 comments:

Toxik Boys said...

good blog!

please visit www.crucifiedforyoursins.blogspot.com , this site is great! congratulations!!

Cheers from Chile!!

ipecac said...

i take comfort in knowing that there's someone out there that cares for the state of both my face AND my rectum

you,my friend,are a saint


*burns scented candle*

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.