Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rival Schools - Rarities




Year: n/a
Label: bootleg

Every so often I get on a Walter Schreifels kick whereupon I just listen to Gorilla Biscuits, Quicksand, Walking Concert, Rival Schools, and his solo stuff for a day or so straight, and it all puts me in a good mood. I'm not sure what his secret weapon is, but he always manages great songs no matter what style he plays them in. That being said, I'm fully aware that Rival Schools is a "super group" with Sammy from every Revelation Records band, Cache from Iceburn, and Ian Love from Burn and Die 116, and I think that's what makes their music especially interesting.
I saw that Rival Schools are playing shows again, and writing new music, so I figured I'd post this collection of rare(er) material that spans the life of their first incarnation. It's B-sides, alternate versions, radio performances, demos, and some live tracks. The file was pretty big so I split it into two parts, sorry for the inconvenience. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent collection! Thanks so much for posting! A great way to set the tone for the (hopefully) upcoming new album!

Thanks again!

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.