Wednesday, November 15, 2017

life sex & death - the silent majority



label: reprise records
released: 1992

how do you feel about alice in chains?
what about cheap trick?
what about early van halen?
hey.
hey.
look at me.
not the album cover.
eyes over here.
come on.
how do you feel about those bands?
take some "it ain't like that" by alice in chains and mix in some "surrender" by cheap trick and some "unchained" by van halen.
y'know what i'm getting at?
exactly.
seriously,bro.
stop making eyes at the album cover.
does she look like she'd be into you at all?
no,bro.
she digs me.
just ask her.
i know there's something covering her mouth.
you'll just have to take my word on that.
i win.
what was that?
she only digs me because she doesn't have to look at me?
i don't have to take any of this abuse.
don't you have some homework that needs to be done?
your mom will be home soon and you know how she gets,bro.
i'm just trying to look out for you.
get on that.
you want her to have to go and have another meeting with that teacher of yours?
she'll have to take time off of work.
you know how she just loves doing that.
yeah.
and now if you'll excuse us....
molly wants to watch me play the air drums along with "in the air tonight" out in the den.
yeah.
her name is molly.
she she totally thinks i rock more than you.
she told me.
what?
how can she say-
that's it.
you're spending this weekend cleaning out the garage.

DL

5 comments:

Death Breath said...

This is one of the best albums ever made. Weird fuck-you-in-the-ass-in-the-back-woods metal, and punk and even a sweet poem piano track. Who makes that shit better? Probably a lot of people-but their not LSD.

SxPxDxCx said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I agree. I bought this album at my local Top 40 record store on cassette cause I heard about them in Metal Edge magazine. I picked it up for $11.99 and worth every fucking goddamn penny. Lost it then 3 years ago some metal dude had a garage sale where all CDs were $2 and LSD was in there I looked at him like he was the stupidest person alive for getting rid of that CD. Not one single bad song on there, hell I even love Farm Song.

I listened to all their unreleased stuff they have on Youtube and if they had released a second album with any of those songs, it would have been such a letdown. But they do a killer version of "Is It My Body?"

Anonymous said...

Any chance of a re-up please?

Unknown said...

CAN YOU PUT A RIGHT LINK TO DOWNLOADED IT PLEASE?

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.