Sunday, February 8, 2015

HEW TIME - CROVER, PLUMMER, WILLIS




Label : Joyful Noise
Year : 2014

Been a while since I posted. Sorry kids, been busy doing adult stuff. Mainly working and trying to get a record label off the ground, and will be going to Austin in 3 weeks to work for a film festival and host live broadcasts over the webduring SXSW and then off to Victoria, TX to be one of the festival judges (how did that happen?) .. all of these are consuming all of my time.

So I am posting a novelty record? If you wanna call it that. It's not really a noise rock record, but it is an amazing display of talent by three incredible drummers. Dale Crover (Melvins), Joe Plummer (Modest Mouse, The Shins), & Coady Willis (Big Business, Melvins). If you dig drummers, especially the three that are featured here, you'll like this.

"“I heard Max Roach’s M’Boom 14 years ago and I’ve wanted to make my own version with drummers I love ever since. Dale, Coady and I carved out our own compositions built from a combination of drum kits and dozens of percussion instruments. I couldn’t be prouder of the end result. Thank you for the inspiration Mr. Max Roach. It’s Hew Time!”–Joe Plummer (Modest Mouse, The Shins)

LISTEN

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.