Sunday, February 28, 2010

X-Cops - Beat You Down 7"


Label: Mans Ruin
Year: 1996

The full length of this Gwar side project has been posted elsewhere on this blog, but since I had the 7" sitting around, I figured it should be here too.
In all honesty, I bought this record mistaking it for "Cracked Cop Skulls", which was the band that featured dudes from Napalm Death, Sore Throat, and Ripchord playing crusty hardcore. Instead, I got the band that featured dudes from Gwar and Rigor Mortis playing Motorhead-infused cowpunk-ish, Texas style punk. Even though they were from Richmond, Virginia.
Also, at that point in time I would purchase anything on Frank Kozik's Mans Ruin label, so it kinda didn't matter who, or what it was. Luckily, it sounds very little like Gwar, so at least it's got that going for it.

And now it's here.

1 comment:

kittyempire said...

I'm giving this one a try purely for the fact that it's on Mans Ruin. any Mans Ruin stuff you care to post would be more than welcome!

Cheers.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.