Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Big'N - Cutthroat


Year: 1994
Label: Gasoline Boost

With this post, I'm cleaning all the Big'N I got out of my closet. I might of held of posting this one for a little while longer, but the Big'N + Oxes split seemed like a pretty popular item, so I figured I'd strike while the proverbial iron was still hot.
This record was their first full length, and for my money it's their best. At this point they were still very much a big, burly monster with all the hallmarks of a Midwestern noise rock band, The bass leads the charge on most songs, the drums are booming, the guitar is a fuzzy mess, and the vocals growl their way atop the whole oddly syncopated mess. It's really the epitome of early 90's noise rock, it fires on all cylinders, and will not disappoint fans of this blog's fare. 

Oh, and did I mention it's shiny and tight? Cause it's the shiniest tightest shit I've ever posted. Or maybe I meant to say "posed".

God Bless

4 comments:

Pinky Royale said...

Well, I haven't heard them but you sold me on the description. You say Noise Rock and I think nothing but Cherubs and Crust. Thanks for keeping us all supplied.

Anonymous said...

thank you! i was just looking for this! you're psychic and shit! how tight and shiny of you!

Anonymous said...

Fucking wicked blog this. So much fun.

I love Discipline thru Sound so it's a real pleasure to see this, always hard to find even when it came out.

Keep up the good work.

hOU in Hamburg

Anonymous said...

any possibility of a re-up of this ?? (thanks for a good blog.)

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.