Thursday, September 18, 2008

Couldron - Couldron ep


Year: 2004
Label: Self Released

I debated about posting this record over on Colostomy Grab-Bag, but I felt that ultimately it has more in common with the music showcased here rather than there. It's a bit more metallic than the noise rock fare, but I think it falls in line nicely with JJ Paradise Players Club, Luca Brasi, Blacktail, and La Gritona, so if you enjoyed any of those, give this one a shot. The band is from Chicago, and formed to make music that was a blend of Godflesh, Neurosis, and Isis (who isn't, right?), but to my ears they sound nothing like Godflesh, a tiny bit like Neurosis, and nothing like Isis (which I know is weird to say, since I just admitted they have some Neurosis sound in them....but bare with me). The closest comparisons I could make would be Keelhaul with a bit of Minsk. Couldron has the same sort of blue collar grit-rock-metal steez as Keelhaul, with more straightforward song structures, and some of the droning waves of guitar that Minsk uses.

I think you'll like it.

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.