Monday, October 1, 2018

Sunstroke - Second Floor


Label: self released
Year: 2018

Look, I'm sorry that I've been gone the last couple of weeks but I "had a headache" when it comes to blogging. Or maybe it was my time of the month?
I don't really know, and let's be honest with each other, I don't really know that you care.

Alas though. Here I be.
And here be a couple quick hitters to ease back into it.

First up today, a three song promo from this Philadelphia band to herald the impending release of their next full length. To wet the proverbial whistle. As it were. As you are.
Now, the moisture level of your...um, whistle, in this instance will be relative to your appreciation of Rites Of Spring styled post hardcore propulsive melodies, as funneled through a Verbal Assault-cum- Swiz bit of muscle. It's very distinctly got a 1987 D.C. edge (pun not intended), but maintains a vital contemporary energy that keeps this out of the "historical reenactment| trip.

Count this whistle as one of the wetter ones you'll encounter on this day. I'm ready!

DL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is alright. well the first song is pretty good.

pagan said...

sure we care. hope you feel better.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.