Monday, August 28, 2017

pailhead - trait



label: wax trax! records
released: 1993

ian mackaye and fugazi had just released their SELF-TITLED ep.
al jourgensen and ministry had just released THE LAND OF RAPE AND HONEY.
this pulls a little something from each.

so al and ian are sitting in the studio just taking a break between songs.
al looked as if he were going to slide a bottle containing a brown liquid across the table towards ian.
they both lock eyes.
ian slides closer to the table.
al slides closer to the table.
eyes locked.
the tension is palpable
"i will refuse." ian says.
and then they both crack up.*

*=this may or may not have happened

DL

1 comment:

dotism said...

Thank you for this. Pailhead is one of those projects that pops into my mind every now and then, and has me wondering how it even happened or what it might sound like now with jaded ears (I loved, loved, loved Pailhead as a kid—A minor is a terrible thing to threat).

You have eased my angst as next time I find myself suddenly bewildered by the very idea of Pailhead, I can simply bring it up on my phone for a quick listen.

(By the way, this was released in '88, not 1993 :)

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.