Thursday, November 17, 2016

Disastronaut - EP


Label: self released
Year: 2016

Not a huge fan of the name Disastronaut (although, at least three other bands' worth of folks are), but a pretty big fan of this three song ep they put out at the beginning of the year. And I wish I knew a little something about the band to share with you, but they keep a low profile. Which, hey, maybe that's a good thing in this over saturated world of ours. Leave a little mystery and shit, right?

Draw your own conclusions I suppose. Make what you will of an extremely dense and sinister combination of icy post punk clanging (like the droning Birthday Party tracks) and lumbering quasi-industrial (like a heavier Killing Joke meets Head Of David). They call it "terrible music for terrible people", and I mean, I'm rarely getting through a day without somebody calling me a "butthole", so I qualify as terrible. This speaks to me!

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.