Friday, January 8, 2016

A Place To Bury Strangers - Transfixiation


Label: Dead Oceans
Year: 2015

I just KEEP finding records released in 2015 that I missed, that should very well have made our illustrious Year End List.
And this one is especially egregious because I've always really liked A Place To Bury Strangers, and I had no idea they had a new record out last year. Apologies all around. I feel like a fool.
Don't be a fool like me. Go and get this record immediately. Bask in the warm blast of its gutter-psych-sleaze-gaze (patent pending on that description by the way). Melt with its The Jesus And Mary Chain as cranked through Royal Trux's amps destruction. Super loud and crazed, but with a droning undercurrent that keeps you enthralled. I can't get enough. It's fucking perfect right now. Black bliss.

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.