Friday, May 29, 2015

Cows - Orphan's Tragedy


Label: Amphetamine Reptile
Year: 1994

Is anyone here going to see Cows at Bash 15?
I'm not, but would like to. Last time I saw them was sometime in 1993(?) at the 40 Watt in Athens, Georgia, and made extra memorable because one of my sisters had driven to visit me at college and her "reward" was being dragged to see Cows. And to her credit, she was a good sport even though she would have rather been watching, say, The Black Crowes or something. But, when Shannon Selberg emerged on stage wearing...repeat wearing, a blow-up doll, well, I think she might have been a tad concerned about him, or me, or everyone there.
Needless to say, they slayed, and I got to hear "Plowed", so all was right.
*Bonus: I think this video is from the show in question...
https://vimeo.com/5343500

But anyway, go see Cows if you can. Go listen to Cows all day.

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.