Thursday, January 24, 2013

V/A - Shiny Grey Monotone Radio - Show 8


Label: n/a
Year: 2013

When I put these compilations, I take great care in sequencing the tracks, aiming to create a cohesive listening experience that takes you on a sensibly navigated tour of the bands' works. Or at least, that's what I say.
Somehow, reviewing this one as I'm posting it, I'm not real sure what's going on with the running order...it's not what I would do now, so I'm not understanding why I did it then. Not that it really matters that much. The music is still tits from beginning to end, that part is fine. Great even. It's just that I see opportunities for better transitions between tracks to help the music flow more as a singular piece, and if I were a more diligent (caring, industrious, proud, or even conscious) man, I'd have gone back and re-ordered the thing. But that seems like cheating or something. Or more work than I care to indulge. If you care to, please feel free to re sequence, and let me know what you come up with.
The bands:
Helios Creed
Orlock
Four Hour Fogger
Future Of The Left
Morsel
Geezer Lake
Dirt
Crain
Millions
Plows
Shit And Shine
Steel Pole Bath Tub
U.S. Maple
The VSS
Cows
Boss Hog
Beasts Of Bourbon
Lords
Anodyne

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.