Monday, September 12, 2011

Ed Hall - La La Land



Label: Trance Syndicate
Year: 1995

The final offering of wide open Texas strange that was the hallmark of Ed Hall, and the glue that bound them to similar practitioners like Butthole Surfers, Cherubs, Steel Pole Bathtub, Drain, and the like. The songs tend to lean heavily into a warped groove and let the guitar scratch along finding riffs here and there. The vocals are of the "via CB radio from the cab of an eighteen wheeler hauling nitroglycerin as piloted by an ex-evangelist" variety.
If the record label says, Trance Syndicate, that should really be all you need to know. Also, I think, and I'm not positive, but I think this concludes the entire Ed Hall discography here on Shiny Grey Monotone. I'll have to get my research team on it, but I'm pretty sure it's all here now.

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.