Friday, August 7, 2020

Urge Overkill - Now That's The Barclords


Label: Sub Pop

Year: 1991


A little audio sorbet from our usual fare? I don't know, maybe. I was never a big fan of urge Overkill, and this particular two song 7" (the May 1991 Sub Pop Singles Club installment) is the only representation of their output in my collection, so I'm far from an expert. But I do dig these songs, especially the B-side, "What's This Generation Coming To?". 

By all accounts the band changed with the success of their major label debut and the hit "Sister Havana", which would come out a couple years after these songs, and they maybe dicked over Touch And Go in the process. I don't know.

It's a sunny Friday afternoon where I am, so this one is doing alright by me. See if it do you.


DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.