Friday, July 3, 2020

Olivelawn - Cat's Farm


Label: Nemesis
Year: 1990

A grungy artifact from the not-known-as-grungy San Diego. This type of Mudhoney rock is supposed to be born of gray fog and timber industry runoff, right? Not, sun, surf, and upper 70's.
But here it is.
My own personal interest in this band was that they were fronted by Otis Barthoulameu, who I only knew as a fantastic photographer of skateboard antics. And, I suppose I knew he was in the "Titus Skates Band" with Lance Mountain and Neil Blender, but I assumed that was just a joke from a Powell video. Turns out, Neil Blender was in Olivelawn, but not on this 7". I have the 7" he does play on, and will post it when I'm not-lazy enough to.
Eddie Glass from Nebula/Fu Manchu plays drums here.
If you like Mudhoney, you'll like this.

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.