Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Arabrot - Who Do You Love


Label: Pelagic
Year: 2018

Still sorting through 2018 releases that caught my eye...my one milky, blurry, wandering eye.
Arabrot are one of those bands that I'll always give the benefit of the doubt to, as they have produced a consistently odd and challenging catalog of weirdo rock that, I guess, has a Scandinavian bent. Like, a months of darkness on end, kind of Scandinavian bent. The older releases relied far more heavily on a ripping noise rock caterwaul, that careened from speaker to ear to brain with maximum collateral damage. Since their last album though, they are throttling back and letting their listeners settle into a more straight forward, yet satisfyingly "off", rock sound. More of a "grower" than a visceral headstomp.
Not sure if every song on here is growing or I'm growing less patient with some of them. The highlights are high, but...am I becoming musically regressive in my old age? Or is the material unbalanced in some way?
Try it.

DL

No comments:

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.