Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Das Damen - Sub Pop Singles Club 7"


Label: Sub Pop
Year: 1989

Singles Club #9
Squeaky clean by Sub Pop standards, Das Damen was a NYC band who bounced around from Ecstatic Peace to SST to Twin/Tone, and sorta worked on each of those labels. My memory of Das Damen is as the band who opened for Nirvana at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill in (I believe) October of 1991...it was a school night...I remember that much.
The B-side to this 7" is a cover of The Creation's "Making Time" long before you heard that song on the Rushmore movie soundtrack.

*Link updated 11-30-14

DL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa das damen. now THAT is a band i havent thought about it quite some time! i think you guys keep "not publishing" my amazing comments. or maybe my com-puter is being funny. also, you posting the first 10 singles is a good job gray, aaaaaand i love you.
love-phil.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.