Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Helmet - Unlive 08-05-91



Label: Bootleg
Year: 1991

As previously discussed, the first few years that Helmet were alive, and the subsequent records that resulted, are pretty much undisputed heavyweight champion type shit. Upper echelon kind of records, not soon bested. Well, how's about taking those songs out to the public and cranking through them real quick? Maybe get some radio program (unfortunately dubbed "The Toolbox") to air them out? I'd be into it.
In an effort to quell any rumors to the contrary, I am also here to say that "Sinatra" is thee greatest Helmet song. Just is. Listen to it here and explain to me otherwise. Go ahead, I'll wait.

DL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw Helmet play live way back in the day (They were opening for Faith No More that night...) I thought the best song played was "Sinatra." The power of that song really came out in the live setting. Since that show it's been my favorite Helmet song as well. Good stuff, great blog.

Anonymous said...

Milquetoast and Wilma's Rainbow are me faves.

Ezra said...

Sinatra has always been my favorite too.

Anonymous said...

I saw Helmet play Jabberjaw back in the day. Weird Al Yankovich was there.

kittyempire said...

Great post! I reckon Sinatra's their best song too. You can't beat Helmet. Everything they did up to and including 'Betty' is utterly brilliant.

J-Me said...

Glorious.

Francis Soyer said...

Weird Al Spankovic and Helmet what a lineup. That is like Slayer and Stryper or Jimi Hendrix and the Monkees.

Unknown said...

Does anyone know what club this set was performed?

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.