Thursday, September 16, 2010

Noxagt - Noxagt


Label: Load
Year: 2006

File this one under Norwegian Math Damage. If you have the space on your shelf that is. I realize Norwegian Math Damage can be a pretty crowded genre.
If you like Oxes, and you like Harvey Milk, then you can probably find the middle ground between those two bands here. This album is their third, but the first one to feature guitar (the previous utilized viola in place of where guitar "should be"), and seemingly the most straight-forward. I would venture to also say it's their best yet, but like I said, there's a shit-ton of Norwegian Math Damage to sift through out there, so the jury might still be out.

2 comments:

kittyempire said...

Norwegian Math Damage?

Intrigued? Certainly. Surprised? Yep. Frightened? Maybe a little...

I guess Norway is better known for it's Black Metal, Blackened Thrash Metal, Blackened Death Metal, and a-ha. I think we all know it was the synth-pop chart-botherers who were truly channeling the evil one.

Always keen to try anything on Load. Like Skin Graft or Troubleman Unltd, I can't say I love all of their releases, but there are far more hits than misses and they are never boring.

Thanks for this 'un.

unholy inverted tracks of the necrobobsledders said...

The norwegians have those scary keyboards so grimm so troo so kvlt.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.