Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rocket From The Crypt - Live in Milwaukee - 04-18-96


Label: Bootleg
Year: 1996

Is Rocket From The Crypt "too fun" to be posted here? I hope not, but sometimes it's hard to tell what the people want.
Full disclosure: I do not have any Rocket From The Crypt tattoos, and even though I lived in San Diego for a few years, I only managed to see them three times. So, I'm certainly not a card carrying member of the RFTC Cult, but I have been known to enjoy their wacky hi jinks from time to time, and I freely admit they put on some of the best live rock shows I ever saw. Also, I will go on record as saying that I like Hot Snakes more than Rocket From The Crypt which I realize is blasphemy in certain circles, but I gotta "keep it real" as they say, and I know the audience of Shiny Grey Monotone demands honesty above all else.
While the other bands in the RFTC family tree get a decent amount of play on this blog, I feel you should have room enough in your heart for the spastic brother. The one who brings the party wherever he goes. You need that brother to put a little pep back in your step ever now and again.
The sound quality of this one is a B-, the performance is as energetic as to be expected, and you do get a good sampling of the hits up through "The State Of Art Is On Fire", so for the money this one's a good bet.

4 comments:

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

kittyempire said...

Too fun? Nah... plus, with the connection to Pitchfork, Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes etc., I think you're in the clear.

Great band anyway, cheers.

proven hollow said...

donotlike

Mr. The Whitenoise said...

Lovely. And yes, Hot Snakes are a MUCH better band. So was Jehu, and Pitchfork for that matter.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.