Friday, November 27, 2009

Rival Schools - Live At Maxwells, Hoboken, NJ-11.04.08


Label: Bootleg
Year: 2008

My unadulterated love for all thins Walter Schreifels has been documented on these pages before, so it should come as no surprise that this live set from Rival Schools should show up here.
It is my understanding that this is a set from the reunited band, and since there's not much info with these tracks, I'll go with that assumption until someone can tell me otherwise.
The sound quality is A+. The performance is excellent as well.
That's it. You either like them or you think I'm a fag. Either it's a win/win(?).

8 comments:

CivilizedWorm said...

I'm a fan. Thanks for the post.

Apparently the new record is done, they're shopping it around and hoping to have it out spring/summer 2010.

http://www.unitedbywalter.com/news/updates.htm

Gifthorse said...

look how fat Ian Love is in that picture.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Walter is the man.

Arthur Rambo said...

There were a few really great records that blew up the summer of '02, United by Fate by Rival Schools, Is This It by the Strokes & Read Music/Speak Spanish by Desaparecidos still get played frequently in my house. I'm glad to have something to look forward to in 2010, I just hope the new record really comes out this time

SxPxDxCx said...

Thanks for this. No way this is from 2008. Based on Walter's Battlebot reference and the fact that the MP3s are tagged 2000.

Awesome recording though. I can't wait to hear their new stuff.

Gray said...

I'll take your word on it SxPxDxC, as I have no idea what a Battlebot is/was. You're probably right though, I was just taking a guess based on some internet show listings for the club Maxwells.
Good lookin' out.

jonder said...

I missed out on Rival Schools back then too. I bought United by Fate when Murmur Records closed in Norcross a few years ago. Great news about the new album!

Anonymous said...

SxPxDxC is right, Travel By Telephone has completely different/unfinished lyrics. Great show tho.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.