Monday, October 19, 2009

Unwound - Live in Olympia - 01-04-02


Label: Bootleg
Year: 2002

You really can't have enough Unwound on your blog. That's what I've always said. You can ask anyone who knows me, they'll agree, I am constantly stating, "boy, you know what that blog could use? More Unwound". And, having heard it a thousand times before, they politely nod their heads and try to steer the conversation back to something non-Unwound related. It's not that easy though, and heck, I'll give em credit for trying, but once I get talking about the Unwound/blogosphere continuum...well, let's just say you're in for a long night. A long night indeed. Anybody within earshot is fair game, it doesn't matter if you couldn't tell the difference between Unwound and Drive Like Jehu (but seriously, wouldn't that be funny if you really couldn't tell the difference between Unwound and Drive Like Jehu? I mean, go back to Russia you creep!), I'm still gonna give it to you straight. No chaser. No sugar coating it guys. Get ready for some real talk. You might not like being yelled at by a total stranger about a band (as far as you know) that you've never had any inclination to hear, but yo NEED to hear this. It's for your own good, and consider yourself lucky we crossed paths that day, cause you'll be pondering my words for years to come friend. Years.
Oh shit, dinner's ready. Gotta go.
Unwound! Great sound quality! A couple skips at the very beginning...but fuck it!

*re-up'd again...if it doesn't work this time...well...fuck it, I don't know what to do.

8 comments:

nonoy said...

just letting you know track 3 came out as corrupted

nonoy said...

sorry i meant track 13

julius orange said...

it really doesn't get much better than unwound.

nonoy said...

hey gray, 13 is still fucked but great set regardless

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this!

I remember when unwound split, they were going to release a live cd/dvd, is this the material they were going to use?

Does anyone know what Justin is up to these days?

Anonymous said...

I always thought "All Souls Day" by Unwound sounded quite a lot like Drive Like Jehu, actually.

Anonymous said...

This isn't oly. This is actually seattle, 2 days before they're last show. Sorry to say.

Anonymous said...

If you could please re-upload this I'd really, really appreciate it. I'd very much like to hear this. Thanks!

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.