Monday, September 21, 2009

Killdozer - "God Hears Pleas of the Innocent" 1995

This album, like most Killdozer, is about as raw and crushing as it gets with a perfect twist of comedy. One of the best things about Killdozer in my mind is the variation of Micheal Gerald's vocals - he can give a sarcastic edge to pop songs or beat the hell out of heavy songs with his signature growl. This album was recorded by Steve Albini and contains some of my favorite material of theirs such as "Big Song of Hell" and "Spork".

Touch and Go, 1995

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MFVA39JY

8 comments:

Mr. Amsterdamned said...

Nice one. Although I personally think this might be the least memorable albums by Killdozer. But hey...with Killdozer 'least memorable' still gives you one darn fine record. I dunno...when we're talking about bands whose output ends with a 'lesser' record, I think this one still beats the Lizard's Blue (which is in itself not a bad album by any means)

Employee said...

hey you... you call this a hamburger? I don't call this a hamburger. hell I can make a better hamburger with my asshole.

Anonymous said...

Killdozer and The Urinals are playing St. Paul MN this Saturday at the Turf Club!!

clint said...

LOVE this band. can't wait to see them open for the Lizard in SF in Oct. epic.

SkullBuddy said...

@Clint.... hate to break it to you but Killdozer are no longer supporting The Jesus Lizard in LA or SF. Much to the band's chagrin, due to a work related issue one of the members couldn't justify taking the time off. Making matters worse, the band was offered all the TJL dates in the upper Midwest and had to decline on those in addition.

clint said...

i know, i found out right after posting that yesterday... bummer.

Jay said...

Thanks a ton for this. Killdozer just ripped my face off in Chicago last week, and I've been listening to all their stuff a lot lately. Then it dawned on me that I never got this one on mp3.

Anonymous said...

any live killdozer shows in video are welcome to trade,tons of shows tot rade almudeno69@yahoo.com

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.