Tuesday, March 3, 2009

V/A - The Polyp Explodes

Label: Butterylicious
Year: 1988

Aw fuck it. Might as well go ahead and post the whole damn compilation huh? I mean, if you're gonna go through the trouble of pulling the Ed Hall songs off here, I might as well give you the opportunity to get the Crust songs too.
So on a historical note, this compilation was released by the band Crust (who was then called Mud Honey) in a run of 400 cassettes to "promote ourselves on the coattails of other local bands". Turns out, this is the first time the world will hear recorded evidence of both Crust and Ed Hall, so for that alone, it's worth something. Musically, it's noisy as shit psychedelic demento-rock baked to a drug addled brown. Not easy listening to say the least.

The bands are:
Crust
Miracle Room
ST37
Seeman
Ed Hall
Thanatopsis Throne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories. I had this cassette back in the day. (1984)? The title was a reference to The Teardrop Explodes + Ronald Reagan's stomach cancer. I found the Mud Honey track to be the strongest.

The DL 43MB DL only yeilds a _MACOSX file. Maybe I can find my old cassette...

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.