Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sweet Pea - Chicks Hate Wes


Year: 1996
Label: Trance Syndicate

Do you remember when Austin, Texas was the hot shit? Do you like Cherubs? Can I borrow five dollars? Yes? Great, this one's for you.
Sweet Pea were bass driven, lurching, grumbling, cynical music with the added rarity of both male and female vocals (Lydia Emily, aka Sweet Pea). This band formed out of the ashes of Distorted Pony, and after breaking up, morphed into Switchhitter. But of those three bands, I tend to like this one the best, the songs are spastic at one moment, droning the next, there are strange noises interspersed into the music, and bottom end is as thick as they come. This record is broken into thirds by three monolithic instrumental crawls which may or may not drive you to the fast forward button.
Give it a shot if you're into...I don't know...anything else on this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I don't visit this site more often. Thank you for this! Give my regards to that deadbeat Fred.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.