Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Arcwelder - Pull


Year: 1993
Label: Touch And Go

Alright, this post is kind of a "gimmie", maybe even a copout. If you've found your way to this place in the world wide web than chances are you already own this. That dawned on me as I was going through the trouble of uploading it (oooooh, my aching haaaaands), but then I figured, there's got to be a couple folks who were slightly turned off by Arcwelder's melodicism back when this record came out, but now, maybe just now, they're ready to embrace the poppy side of "noise rock". 

So are you ready? Are you? Who's a good boy? Who's gonna catch that frisbee?

Pull is Arcwelder's first album for Touch and Go, and my favorite of all their releases. It has elements of later day Husker Du (they were all from Minneapolis after all) mixed in with their roiling, boiling, noises, which left them lumped in more with Tar and Jawbox rather than Jesus Lizard and Rapeman. Different strokes right? 

My next post won't be so easy, I promise. I'll really try harder.

*Link fixed 09.19.09

7 comments:

ipecac said...

sir yessss sir

*woof*

in the navy....

panzan said...

easy, sure. i don't need it either. but classy move to put it up anyway.

ipecac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

arcwelder were playing some shows around barcelona this summer, and they played one of the best shows e v e r. super nice people! I got bill telling me stories about jesus lizard all night, they toured with them when "liar" was out.
"pull" would be my favorite arcwelder album, along with "everest"

AAAGGGHHH!!! said...

Thanks for putting this up, I had never heard them till now...it's amazing.

Anonymous said...

Great album, have this on tape hiding in the garage somewhere...

jason00454 said...

Thanks for this! I became a fan of Arcwelder in a backwards kind of way...I heard Everest first, and have been working my way backwards through their albums. Great band.

 
Designed by mln3 designs & etc.